Ashley

Just another Edublogs.org site

02.00 Introduction: What is News?

September 22, 2011 by ashleythompson311 · No Comments · Uncategorized

When someone asks what news is, many things come to my mind. To me news is mainly about informing someone of something. It could be good or bad. It could be real or made up. I believe most of the time news is meant to be about real information or topics.

To me, you can get news from anywhere. You can learn news from almost all of your senses. You can see news through photos in a news paper or television and watch videos. You can read news from articles in a news paper, on the internet, or in any informational magazine. You can also hear news through radio broadcasts, television, sound media through the internet, from friends and family, and even from strangers.

What makes news different from any other types of communication is the informational value and effect it has on people. The more people listen, watch, or read news, the more they have a better understanding of what is going on around them. Other than that, I see news as an everyday part of communication. You may not always hear extremely important news but something as simple as ‘’I love you’’ or ‘’I saw a stray cat today’’ is news to me. News is just a normal part of communication to me.

No Comments so far ↓

There are no comments yet...Kick things off by filling out the form below.